Friday, May 21, 2010

Day 5

At Mt. Vernon


With our bus driver, Avery.


We're sitting in the Dulles Airport waiting to board the plane. 

Today we saw:
-Mt. Vernon (George Washington's home)
-American History Museum
-Natural History Museum
-National Museum of Art
-Pentagon 9-11 Memorial

"Today, I learned that there are awesome people in our armed forces.

Today was really cool. The first place we went to was Mt. Vernon. We saw George Washington's house, farm, and his old tomb. Plus, we saw a cool movie.  After this, we went to lunch. Next we visited the American History Museum which was cool because on my last trip it was closed. Finally, we visited the Natural History Museum. The Hope diamond was pretty cool. We had a quick dinner before heading to the airport to catch our flight. See you tomorrow!" --Wesley

"Today I learned that George Washington's house was very big and he was an excellent host!" --Matt

"God is always with us and has a plan for us." --Alexa

"I learned that God led George Washington to be a great president and role model." --Cody

"Today I learned that God is everywhere with everyone." --Nathan

"Today, I learned that lots of things are a part of American History, like C-3PO." --August

"I found it encouraging that they built a 9-11 memorial, and how special it is to honor those who lost their lives." --Molly

"Today I learned about how God uses normal people to carry out his will. He inspires the hearts of his people to fulfill certain jobs." --Daniel




No comments:

Post a Comment